Thursday 28 April 2011

Rose Lattice

I am making more progress on the My Quilts page, and feel like the end is in sight.  It has been a lot of work getting this page done, but it has been really worth it since it is something I have wanted to do for a long time.  Still a little bit more to go, but nearly there.

I pieced this top in 2009, and quilted it in early 2010.  The design quilted in the border was from a Dover stencil book which I enlarged and changed slightly.  The rose quilted in the blocks I drew using inspiration from a rose in a piece of fabric I had in my stash.  Both the border and rose designs were traced onto the quilt using a light box.

After quilting, I coloured the border design and the roses in the white squares.



1 comment:

  1. Really like this. Going to have to learn some new positive adjectives to describe your work!

    ReplyDelete