Thursday 7 April 2011

A Touch of Lace

I am still working on the My Quilts page.  It has been a lot of work - pulling out quilts and taking photos, finding pictures of quilts that I have given away that are hiding on my PC, chasing down quilt owners to take a photo.  But I have always wanted to do this, and I am so glad this blog is giving me the motivation to get it done.

I am finding looking at some of my earlier quilts (often for the first time in years) very interesting, and seeing some of the stages I went through.

The quilt below I designed and made in 2003.  It was one of the first quilts I did on my brand new APQS Millennium.  I was experimenting with incorporating lace into the quilt.  I might have to try this again…..

This quilt won third place in the viewers’ choice at the Patchworkers’ and Quilters’ Guild Show - the first time I had ever entered a quilt in a show, so I was thrilled.  It was published in Australian Patchwork and Quilting; I am not sure of the year, either 2005 or 2006.




2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this pic in the magazine, I loved it then, and I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful quilt! I'm enjoying your "My Quilts" page.

    ReplyDelete