Wednesday 31 October 2012

Cute Applique Quilt



Before I had the accident, I took photos of a few quilts I was working on, but because of the extension I didn’t find the time to post them.  Speaking of the extension, it is finished (imagine me in bed in hospital co-ordinating tradesmen on my mobile and you have an accurate picture).  I will post pictures of that soon.

Pictured is a quilt made by Elaine, which I think is really sweet.


I did small loops as the background fill, and quilted some large daisies in the border.




Elaine does exquisite appliqué and embroidery, and I have posted two of her quilts on my blog in the past.

Click here to see what I consider one of her best appliqué quilts where I used curved cross hatching to create a circular effect.

Click here to see Elaine’s butterfly quilt.
  
I have an appointment on Friday for more x-rays of my ankle.  If all is well, the cast comes off, and then I will be in a boot for six weeks. 

I have adapted well to quilting sitting down and have new routines for loading and unloading the quilts.  I am still slower, but improving.  I have mastered the crutches, but it really is a skill that I would have been quite happy to never have had to learn.

10 comments:

  1. Another beautiful finish for you. I like how you did the daisies in the background, you broke the area up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an adorable quilt! I've never quilted sitting down-never had too! I'm sure even though you've had to adapt at least you're able to still quilt-it would be awful if you couldn't or weren't allowed until the cast was off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine's quilt is just adorable! Your quilted daisies really pop in the background but don't take away from the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Очень красивая, сказочная аппликация!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the xrays and Elaine's quilt is so pretty and you have done it great justice with your fabulous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow to Elaine's quilt and to your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so beautiful. I love the colors and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts! I really love how you gave the butterflies such movement, can see them fluttering across the quilt! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Снимаю шляпу перед вашим мастерством! Замечательные работы!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt! You quilted it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete